Top tips when you're out and about
Freddie's outdoor safety tips
- When lighting your fire, place your fire starter on a bed of cinders or the coals in your grill.
- Be sure to use long safety matches, striking the match away from you before carefully lighting your fire.
- Avoid hazards . Do not use fire starters on a warm/hot grate and do not light fire starters in your hand.
- Prevent a chimney fire by making sure your chimney is cleaned regularly. We recommend you have your chimney professionally cleaned twice a year, once at the beginning of the winter season and then again at the end.
- Store fire starters far away from your fire, preferably in a separate room or shed to prevent accidents.
- Once your fire is lit, make sure you use a fire screen. Keep in mind that sparks can sometimes penetrate fire screens. Do not leave a burning fire unattended, especially when children and pets are nearby. It’s better to be safe than sorry!
- Do not use fire starters on a warm grate
- Do not light fire starters in your hand
Please ensure you read the safety warnings which are included on the packaging of all Zip products before using.
If you have any of your own top tips for outdoor fire safety tips then we would love to hear them! Please share to our Facebook page, tweet us or send us an email.